PDA

View Full Version here: : Be aware - Problem with Bob's knobs on 8" LB

a1120028
25-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Small but annoying problem, the main collimation knobs require a spacer as the plastic turning knob hits the edge of the ring and makes it very hard to turn. A nut threaded onto the bolt could do the trick, Bintel are looking for something to fix it and said they would send it to me so I'll see what arrives. You will still need the teflon washer off the originals though.

Don't know if the same problem is affecting larger LB's.

a1120028
25-06-2007, 11:28 AM
I have a fix which I think is going to work well. If you look at the knobs that adjust the rotation of the base there is a washer with about a dozen small bearings in it, one of these with a thrust washer either side would smooth out the turning of the collimation knobs quite a bit. I have tried it on mine and it works really well.

a1120028
01-07-2007, 05:36 PM
I could not find any of the bearings like the one used in the base, not even at CBC a bearing company.

The fix I used in the end was some 5mm ID clear plastic tube I found at Bunnings. Just cut it into 5mm lengths and it pushes straight over the bolt. It is rigid enough but still compresses a little when you tighten it.

Works well though.