PDA

View Full Version here: : ZigviewR - LCD viewfinder question for h0ughy

Omaroo
18-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Hey there H0ughy - here's a clip from one of your posts last year:

Can I ask what you think of it and where did you manage to find one? I can see them on eBay, but they're hard to find elsewhere it seems.

Cheers
Chris

rogerg
19-06-2007, 03:21 PM
That's an interesting product! Exactly close to what I have been wanting lately - I was thinking more a 7" LCD with a cable going to the camera's view finder where CMOS would record.

I did a bunch of searching and found the reviews of them on Amazon etc.. I presume you found them? Sounds from them like the LCD isn't up to scratch, which is a shame. Very few reviews out there for it though.

I'd be interested to hear H0ughy's comments also.

h0ughy
19-06-2007, 03:30 PM
I have it - who wants it? $60 and its yours, cost a deal more than that. I thought I would use it for astro work, but it throws out too much light. then I thought I would use it like AKA paparazzi but no, I know no one famous. be good for macro work though and planetary shooting. or in a game like twister.

Omaroo
19-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Sold David :)

I'd still like to experiment with it. If you add postage to Pyrmont 2009 and let me know what the total is I'll whack it in your bank account!

:)

Cheers
Chris

rogerg
19-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Did you find it was useful for focusing astro FOV? As in, is the CMOS sensitive enough to faint light to focus on stars? Can you zoom in using the screen/controls to focus at a finer level?

Omaroo
19-06-2007, 08:59 PM
I'll let you know when it arrives Roger....:thumbsup: