PDA

View Full Version here: : SUCCESS! with the LX200 woes

rogerg
26-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Amazingly, perhaps temporarily, my LX200 is back working at 100% capacity! :eyepop:

It's week 10 going on 11 that it's been dead. Today I tested every single cable with the multi-meter, and several other parts. I'm not 100% sure what fixed the guider port problem but I suspect one of those cable joints.

RA drift was also occuring, at siderial rate. I believe that was simply because it had no position data (timezone, lat/long, date, etc) and so even though it said it was in polar mode, it was acting like it was in Land mode. Bizzar but it kind of makes sense. They don't document that!

Anyway, currently all working! :cool:

Let's just hope it stays that way for more than a few fleeting moments :prey:

It's running on a mix of parts borrowed and bought. Still waiting on a brand new kit which I will install regardless, to return borrowed parts etc.

No astronomy tonight - cloudy and other commitments. :( But oh well, it's working! :2thumbs:

Roger.

mick pinner
27-05-2007, 10:42 AM
that's great to hear Roger l hope all goes well, it was nearly 3 months when mine went down but works flawlessly now with new electronics, l hope yours is the same.

rogerg
27-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks Mick.

I've tested it again this morning and it still works, amazing.

I'm using your spair front panel. It seems my old one does have some sort of contributing fault, and the brand new one I recieved is completely useless - it blows fuses whenever it's used.

Another new front panel, and complete service kit, is coming, eventually.

It's amazing how many different problems it's had over the last 10 weeks - the progression of one problem to another.

I am quite confident it will now continue to function, until the next lightning strike :doh:

Roger.

beren
27-05-2007, 08:54 PM
:thumbsup: Great news....just in time for the long week-end coming up :)

rogerg
27-05-2007, 09:01 PM
ahh, good point! :D I hadn't realised that :)

Ric
29-05-2007, 07:41 AM
Good to see your up and running again Roger, It's been a while since we've seen some of your Galaxy images.

Cheers

iceman
29-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Great stuff Roger, looking forward to more images from you now!

rogerg
29-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Thanks guy's :)

Hopefully soon the images will be back!