PDA

View Full Version here: : MSIE users on Windows 2000

mojo
13-05-2007, 02:04 AM
If I could ask the people who are browsing IceInSpace with Internet Explorer on Windows 2000, to tell me if everything works ok.

That is, (things like) when you press the search link in the forum menu, does the "Search Forums" box pop up under it?

Also, do you have any yellow exclamation mark error icons in Internet Explorer's status bar?

(Can't be very many IE 6.0/Win2k people left)

Thanks. Appreciate the feedback.

Starkler
13-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Yes it does.

Not any more. Seems this one is fixed.

I discovered firefox a few weeks ago and dont use IE at all any more, except to test this for you :)

Pages in IE6 still take about 15 seconds to load. Firefox shows a readable page within 5 secs everytime.

GTB_an_Owl
13-05-2007, 04:19 PM
works ok for me Terry

and - yes there are a few dinosaurs left using win2000 (well one owl anyway)

mojo
13-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks guys. So it's only us three using Windows 2000. How retro of us :P If there was a reason to use XP, it might be a different story, hey.

It doesn't affect me either, I don't use IE. I haven't since finding Mozilla some years ago and then Firefox. But seeing as there's ~5% of the internet on that browser/OS combination, I thought it might be worth fixing.

Very good. Thanks.

Starkler
13-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Indeed I haven't found a reason to move to xp or vista. I would rather use linux than have to activate an OS.