PDA

View Full Version here: : Gstar-Ex is it a Mintron?

netwolf
23-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi All,

My mate has the Watec-120N camera and I am trying to workout the difference between the Watec and the GSTAR-EX. I have seen posts here from people saying its a Mintron. Can anyone tell me which model of the Mintorn model it is. Better still what is the Sony chip inside it? We can not find any thing resembling it on the Mintron site. And from other sites on the Web the Watec is supposed to be better is this true? Or perhaps they are saying this is about an older Mintron. Is it a Mintron?

Someone mentioned SAC Mintron.

The new Stellacam 3 seems to be the same as the 2 but with a new controller that can do up to 1/2000 shutter speeds.

I am saving up for a QHY6 maybe a QHY2 but my mate wants the GSTAR-EX looks like a good all rounder. I too am tempted by this camera.

Regards

Karls48
23-04-2007, 08:22 PM
GStar is a Mintron MTV-12V6H-EX. I think it is OEM model so you can not find it on their website. Don"t know CCD chip model but it is Sony EX view.

netwolf
23-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Karl,

I have seen that being sold on a UK website. I thought perhaps it might be the same one. Thanks Karl, will look into it.

If anyone can provide the chip information I would appreciate it.

Edit:

Just found this site that has the Mintron Camera mentioned by Karl. The connection layout on the back resemble the ones on the GSTAR-EX.

http://www.lechner-cctv.de/artikel_uebersicht.php?KAT=23&LANG=DE#null

Thanks.