PDA

View Full Version here: : 12" First Dark

stellarquest
14-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Fantastic!!! Unbelievable! And every other superlative you can think of. My new Meade Lightbridge 12" is all that and so much more. Thanks go to Chris at Star Optics for doing a great job. I was going to buy the 10" until a chat with Chris. Am now so glad I listened to his words of wisdom. Have just come in from first dark. Why is it called first light when you go out when it is first going dark? I am probably just really stupid but I have missed this somehow.Anyhow, Orion was incredible, and this was the first time I ever seen the Greenish hue to it. The QX26mm is a fine eyepiece, nothing too special but I am extremely happy with it. All up, I give the LB a 9 out of 10. Oh yes, and it transports easily in my Echo!!!!Well, I think I might go out again. Great night, great scope, great times. This is living!

DobDobDob
14-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Good on ya ;) you sound very happy.

norm
14-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Well Done Stellarquest. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ballaratdragons
14-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Because you are 'catching light' with it for the 1st time :thumbsup:

The light from Stars, Planets, Nebs etc. :)

astronut
15-04-2007, 08:01 AM
Congrats,
Hmmmmm.............Lightbridge, the best!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OCULUS
16-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Magic isnt it!!!

Have a look at the tarantula nebula in the LMC. Pretty impressive too!

stellarquest
17-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Thanks everyone. I am a very very happy guy. Had a look at the Tarantula (thanks Oculus), and it is was simply amazing. The jewel box was something else! Could not be happier with the LB12. I have fitted 100kg rated 4" castors, and an Orion right angle finder in between the focuser and the red dot. This has for me proven invaluable. To be able to first line up the "tube", then zoom in to the general area, then use my eyepice of choice is great. Find I use the 26mm QX supplied and a 12.5mm the most. Have tried my WO 2.5x Barlow but it will not come to focus. Any suggestions on a suitable barlow anyone?