PDA

View Full Version here: : Takahashi Mewlon

Prometheus
27-04-2005, 09:08 AM
I am in the process of thoroughly confusing myself reference buying a new scope. I have checked out much info on the web and spoken to several outlets about the different options and whilst I havent purchased yet, I decided on an 6 inch Intes M603 Mak.
Last week a spanner was thrown into the works when I saw some info on a 7 inch Takahashi Mewlon. It costs about half as much again as the M603 but is supposed to out perform any scope of its aperture.
It looks to me like a reflector with a Cassegrain focus arrangement. Has anyone observed with one? Are they as good as the blurb?
All comments greatly appreciated by this struggling amateur.

iceman
27-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Hi there Prometheus, :welcome: to the forum!

Gary Beal has a Tak Mewlon, hopefully he'll be able to give you the insight because he's surely compared it to many others he has owned or with the C8 that Robby has/had.

From what i've read, I doubt you can go wrong with a Tak.. what mount are you going to put it on?

gbeal
27-04-2005, 09:44 AM
I have PM'ed you

Prometheus
29-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Iceman,
I've been in touch with Gary.
As for the mount, I dont even know what scope I'm buying yet!
Hopefully I'll decide on the scope soon. After that, I'll be asking more questions on IceinSpace about the mount.
She who must be obeyed isnt as enthusiastic as I about this project. I must tread carefully.

Great site, well done.

Prometheus
29-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Iceman,
Ive been in touch with Garry.
With ref to the mount, ..., I dont even know which scope I'm going to get yet.
"She who must be obeyed" is nowhere near as enthusiastic about this project as I am. As a result, any expenditure will be more hotly debated than IVF at present.
Naturally, I'll be looking to IceinSpace to find out best value for money on mounts for whatever scope I decide on.

I'm in no hurry, but will buy before July this year, ..., hopefully. Congratulations on the site. Its great.