PDA

View Full Version here: : disaster - my brand new never been used V3 controller died

h0ughy
20-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Yes thats right, 2 hours after setting everything up for the first time to test before SPSP, I then decided to upgrade the firmware - well:

everything started OK, did the 0-8 boot sequence and then connected and found the controller and the V2.6 updater program started to update the controller with 3.12, then I went and did something for 10 minutes.

Upon my return the updater program said the controller communications had failed. Upon inspection I noticed the controller wasn't on. Then checked the leads and supply - everything ok. Just to make doubly sure I went and got my other v3 controller, the mount powered up and worked. Then I tried the controller again - dead as a dodo.

I will be begging tasco today for a quick repair, as SPSP is not far away.

sheeny
20-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Bummer Dave! Hope you get it fixed soon mate.

Al.

acropolite
20-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Ouch h0ughy, I haven't lost any astro related stuff upgrading firmware but I lost a motherboard once doing a bios upgrade, hopefully it will be a warranty job.....:sadeyes:

DaveO
20-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Gads! I upgraded mine okay on Saturday without too much drama, although there were a few false starts getting the software to recognise the handset via the USB-Serial connector.

Hope Tasco are reasonable about it - something simple like that hould never happen.

alan meehan
20-03-2007, 09:16 PM
strike 3 your out.

h0ughy
20-03-2007, 09:44 PM
good news Tasco is replacing the handcontroller. They have been exceptional in their response and were very interested in the prcess leading to the demise of the unit!

Alan - see you soon about the upgrade....

davidpretorius
20-03-2007, 09:48 PM
what the??

paul H had a pig of a time with something similiar......it seems too common a problem!!!

h0ughy
20-03-2007, 11:00 PM
thats what they said;)

allan gould
23-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Had a real hard time doing one upgrade for some reason the laptop which I had previously used wouldn't let software recognise the com port. Tried and tried but no go. Then used another low tec/spec laptop and it went flawlessly.
I hate electrons.

h0ughy
23-03-2007, 12:52 PM
:rofl: must agree but collecting them is fun;)