PDA

View Full Version here: : Parfocal filters for planetary imaging

matt
10-03-2007, 03:21 PM
And so it continues:lol:

The DMK 21AF04.AS mono ccd cam arrived yesterday.

I'll use it for a short while as a black and white cam, but eventually will move into the demanding area of RGB imaging.

Was wondering whether anyone knows whether it's possible to buy parfocal colour filters???

This will save me a heap of time and trouble fiddling with focus for each colour imaging run.

So... parfocal imaging filters. Who sells them? How much??? etc etc

Many thanks

iceman
10-03-2007, 07:32 PM
None are truly parfocal, but some claim to be. For visual maybe they are?

The astronomiks are the best, $350+ for L,R,G,B filters. It's worth spending the money on them. I had the baader set and sold them because they just didn't cut it for high-res planetary imaging.

There's not a great deal of focus change between the channels - very little usually and sometimes none. But sometimes it does require a tweak.

[1ponders]
10-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Listen to Mike. I have the Baader and it's a real challenge ( when I've been able to use them :lol: ) to get the colour just right at times.

matt
10-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Mike

You got a link to the exact LRGB set of Astronomik filters you're talking about?

Is that the same Type 2 set I've been looking at for sale at OPT?

http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=319-327-1157-860-6969

iceman
11-03-2007, 05:53 AM
Yep, that's them. I got them from Bintel.

davidpretorius
11-03-2007, 08:15 AM
and remember.............bird has set focus point automated for the differenet channels.

We were chatting the other day about maybe going and trying Cyan Magenta Yellow and seeing if the focus point were a little closer together...processing however may be a little fun :D

Keep at it Matt, there will always be improvements and $$ to spend on this hobby