PDA

View Full Version here: : SDM: Stellarvue Dealer in Australia!

Rodstar
06-03-2007, 07:45 PM
I discovered today that Peter Read of SDM telescopes (www.sdmtelescopes.com.au) has just become the sole dealer of Stellarvue products in Australia.

For those unfamiliar with Stellarvue, they make top of the line apo refractors and what many consider to be the best finderscopes on the market today (which I am hoping to get soon as you can use your 1.25 inch EP's in the finder, and actually bring it to focus!).

I am thinking that SDM means two things now:
Size Does Matter; and
Stellarvue Distribution Moghul

BTW, my OMI mirror arrived in Melbourne yesterday, delivery to my door of my new scope in 10 days......(yay!) :D

jase
09-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Interesting. They are not listed as a dealer... http://www.stellarvue.com/retailers.html

Not sure how reputable the LZOS Russian optics are... but the SV145 and SV190 look impressive. TEC also use Russian optics and I’ve heard nothing put praise for them.

Rodstar
09-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Jase, that would be because the deal has only just been done. No doubt when Stellarvue get around to updating their website, this will be sorted out.

The smaller grab and go scopes have won a number of recent awards. They are certainly worth checking out.

gbeal
09-03-2007, 11:54 AM
If I recall correctly, and this could all be hype, LZOS were Zeiss subcontractors, and are reknown for the TMB lens line. Nothing wrong with them.

Starkler
09-03-2007, 12:15 PM
I hope Peter doesnt get too busy with all this before he finishes my sdm dob :confuse3:

Seriously its all good and the more dealers the merrier :)