PDA

View Full Version here: : Astro Books

Daring Dave
25-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Greetings All

Just thought Id post about a new Astro Book I picked up...

I have a number of Astro books & Mags but this one is VERY user friendly in my opinion... I bought mine at Collins Booksellers so next time your at one check it out...

Astronomy Australia 2005 (http://www.quasarastronomy.com.au/)

What I like most is it has a day by day guide for most significant astro events for the whole year..... Its a great resource for New Astronomers...like myself....

Cheers

Daring Dave

*Iceman..Feel free to move this to another section if you thinks books are not equipment...

Mick
25-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Hello Dave, books are equipment, yes very good book the Astronomy series. Speaking of books I was at the local library the other day and checked out a book called How Far is Up? By John and Mary Gribbin, it's a good read. Measuring the size of the universe in plain English.

Mick.

iceman
26-11-2004, 06:05 AM
Books definitely are equipment! :cool2:

The "Astronomy 200x" series is definitely a must-have, it's like the bible of ephemeris data for aussies!

I've ordered mine through my astro club for $13, it hasn't arrived yet though, gonna have to chase it up!

I've got "Stargazer" by Fred Watson, picked up 3 copies at a local(ish) launch of it, where Fred signed all 3 copies. 2 of them are xmas presents to my dad and dad-in-law.. i haven't read my copy yet but it'll get a good workout over the xmas holidays sitting on the beach at port mcquarie!