PDA

View Full Version here: : Guide Camera

carlstronomy
08-11-2018, 06:32 PM
Hi,

I am currently using a imaging source DBK21 USB original model. I do struggle with this camera using a long USB they do get buggy, also getting really good stars is an issue someimes and seeing has to be very good to use one.

I have seen the following unit on EBAY, the price seems very good. Not sure if anyone has had any experience with these as a guide camera and if it would be much of an upgrade.

Although it is advertised as a colour chip I do believe AR0130 is only mono. I have also read it is a very capable chip for this purpose.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/183413422243?ul_noapp=true

Any feedback people can give me on this camera would be great as they range from this price to $170.

I have had great success and no issues on buying electronics from China, I have done so many times over the past few years so need no advice or recommendations on this. I am aware of the risks involved :)

Thanks

Carl

Imme
08-11-2018, 06:55 PM
$150 odd you will get an asi120 mono mini direct from zwo.

Why take a chance when for $20 more you get a proven camera from a reputable company!

I know what I’d do......

carlstronomy
08-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the info, if you can supply a link to a price of $150 odd for a ASI120 mini I will purchase one.

From what I see they are $160 US plus postage which is around $240, as we all know this is money pit of a hobby any savings you can get on a simple item is money you can spend on something else of greater importance.

Please note the one I have listed is available for $120 including postage.

Imme
08-11-2018, 11:01 PM
Sorry Carl, you are right, my pricing was incorrect.
I must have been thinking guidescope I got from zwo, not the camera.
Sorry for the confusion

carlstronomy
08-11-2018, 11:13 PM
All good, but you got me excited there for a moment :P

carlstronomy
16-11-2018, 09:20 PM
If anyone is interested I purchased this camera on the weekend. It has already arrived from China, so I plugged it into the computer and installed FireCapture.
I have attached 2 images of the moon stacked from 60 seconds each. Out of the box this is a very capable camera for the price tag :)

Imme
16-11-2018, 09:53 PM
Yep. They are definitely a good little camera