PDA

View Full Version here: : Ngc 247

PeterSEllis
18-10-2018, 07:53 PM
Hi Guys,
This is a new one for me, a worth while addition to my stables . Taken with the 150mm Esprit over two nights, using my ASI071 OSC (just over 5 hours of data). One nice thing about a refractor, is that is always perfectly collimated, which is more than I can say for my 12" Meade SCT, which I am fighting with at the moment. :(

Cheers
Peter

RickS
18-10-2018, 08:39 PM
Very nice, Peter!

PeterSEllis
18-10-2018, 10:15 PM
Thanks Rick, I have seen a lot better, but I'm happy with it.

Cheers
Peter

cometcatcher
18-10-2018, 11:21 PM
That's a nice 247 Peter. Isn't it just a matter of adjusting 3screws on the front secondary holder for collimation, or is your main mirror out as well? Meade only recommend adjusting the secondary.

Placidus
19-10-2018, 07:08 AM
Nicely captured and well processed. The void in the main galaxy, the chain of four toward 5 o'clock, and the colours are all good.

PeterSEllis
19-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Thanks Kevin for your comments. Collimation of a SCT is not particularly hard, if you can get enough distance for an artificial star (I don't have the distance), but I rarely get a perfect night here to use a real star for collimation. I'm going to have too see if I can master Metaguide, hopefully that will help.
Of cause this wouldn't have been an issue had I not installed cooling fans (I never know when to leave well enough alone). :D

Cheers
peter

PeterSEllis
19-10-2018, 04:47 PM
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your comments, nice to get some feedback from one of the masters. It is a fine line between trying to bring out everything, without over cooking and producing artifacts that are not real. Pixinsight was a pain to learn, but worth every tear I shed in the early days.

Cheers
Peter