PDA

View Full Version here: : Outback Airtrip

Derek Klepp
14-10-2018, 04:24 PM
I was fortunate enough last Friday to Sunday to fly from the Gold Coast to Birdsville ,Innamincka and over some of Lake Eyre. Most picks are taken from the plane with some on ground with a 100-400 or 35mm lens. Hope you enjoy them I did increase saturation and contrast to make the colours stand out and to minmise the effect of shooting through the plane window.In oder of collages 1.Gold Coast to Charleville. 2.Charlville to Birdsville over Channel country.3.Big Red Sand Dune out from Birdsville.4.Birdsville off towards William Creek as is 5. 6.Various aerials over and beside Lake Erye.7&8. William Creek to Innamincka to Cunamulla to GC.
Derek

Regulus
14-10-2018, 06:35 PM
Fantastic collection Derek. What a range of landscapes in that lot. Must have been an interesting trip.

Trev

Allan_L
15-10-2018, 08:38 AM
Great photos Derek.
What a great and diverse outback we have!
What's the story with the central image on slide 7?
A birdman image carved into the landscape?
Thanks for sharing.

Derek Klepp
15-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Thought this may be of use.Allan that’s the Giant Marree Man in SA a Geoglyph recently enhanced.Trev it was a great trip 3 days and around 15 hours of air time.

astronobob
15-10-2018, 07:39 PM
Amazing views Derek, reckon that flight was over way too soon, , ?
Awesome views of a vast land, bettera than google maps by a mile, hehe, that's how I travel these day's...
Great show & Lucky bloke, I never been off the ground, dunno, has'nt been need I guess.
Love seeing aerial photog ... nice,,,

rcheshire
16-10-2018, 10:39 AM
A great way to see it. Hostile but beautiful. 'Wondeful' images.