PDA

View Full Version here: : 6th oct 2018 saturn and mars

Tony Leece
07-10-2018, 01:11 PM
A bit of a sleep and i'm having another bash at processing the video data from last night.
I missed jupiter as by the time i set up and the scope had acclimatised it was out of view.
I think going x4 (two, x2 barlows stacked) is worth it, even though keeping the object in the field of view for more than 5-6 seconds is a pain. Thank you the person or people who made the program PIPP you are legend :) :)

foc
07-10-2018, 09:54 PM
More great work Tony, both planets are well taken but particularly with your Mars which is (still) brighter and so a little easier than Saturn it hardly looks like you need a drive.

If you were not getting nice collection of different sized and faced Mars images I would say, you need more of a challenge as these targets seem to be getting too easy for you! Now that you have all those Barlows you might consider showing us your Neptune and Uranus before you eventually go to the dark side and start imaging M33 or other DSO wonders like Michael and the many other talented posters here.

In the meantime Mercury might also be possible (a first for me if I get it) or nearly so by the end of the month...although I at last, might have trouble getting a low enough western profile.

Since you missed Jupiter here is tonight's capture before it clouded over. It is a pretty noisy image but twilight has not been a good imaging time lately here and I was mainly focusing on Venus.

Tony Leece
07-10-2018, 11:41 PM
Excellent image of jupiter Ross. Thanks mate, i definitely need a new mount though, i am dying to try the other scopes i have on DSO's (dark side :rofl: )
Not sure if i can find them, but i will have a hunt for Neptune and Uranus. I will keep an eye out for mercury too. The only image i took of that was a transit way back in the uk.
Thanks for your support mate :thumbsup:

Oh and i put the wrong date on the last images i posted :)