PDA

View Full Version here: : Planets from the 30th

Tony Leece
03-10-2018, 03:01 PM
The wind the last two days here has been way too much for the little eq5, so i had a go at processing video i grabbed a few nights ago.
I have added the blown up shots to see if the small amount of detail i got shows up. Facebook slightly blurs any images i post :rolleyes:

foc
03-10-2018, 09:58 PM
Really good contrast on Mars Tony. And you were able to get decent images of Jupiter than I could and still get and Mars. You make me wish I had the gumption to try and set up the ETX in its equatorial option, but at the moment I really need fast set ups and my view of the South is poor. It is great to see people like yourself doing different things with simple or basic gear (if you can call an I-phone basic!).

I have attached a more recent manual CFF 140mm drift capture of Mars with the ZWO camera for your interest as well as to encourage others to try different approaches like manual captures. And I also have added an old and silly image of Saturn from 2006 where I was using a point and shoot camera hand held! to the eyepiece of my 10 inch Dob just to see if i could get a shot in focus.

Tony Leece
05-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Those shots are cool Ross. I agree, you can get quite decent results from relatively basic equipment.
If i were you i would definitely set the etx up in equatorial mode mate.
I don't even know how to polar align yet, never felt the need as i have no drive motors :lol:
I just plonk the mount down roughly where i think south is
One more thing to put on the to-do list if i ever get a good mount.
Please post results if you do set it up mate :thumbsup:

CalvinKlein
06-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Excellent results for an iPhone ! I'm hoping to try it myself soon on my refractor and (almost complete) 3D printed iPhone holder.

Tony Leece
06-10-2018, 01:54 PM
Nice one Kelvin. I'd like to see pics of the holder mate. Also any images you take with it. :)