PDA

View Full Version here: : Lagoon and Trifid

Karlzburg
28-09-2018, 12:45 PM
This is from last night's session, I didn't have PA great and my reticle batteries died so was somewhat for accuracy. Clouds today and tonight so it could be some time before I can get another chance.

I was able to get Lagoon and trifid in the same shot which i was pretty happy about.

106 subs @ 15 sec
6 darks @ 15 sec
very basic editing with what I have, no coma corrector atm so it is what it is.

Thanks for looking

xelasnave
28-09-2018, 02:08 PM
Hi Karl
Thanks for posting.
Maybe add some more if you can.
For processing you can get the lttest gimp free and it seems rather good.
But why not download a free appraisel version of startools and see how that takes you forward.
It is not that hard...you cant save the image on the trail version but you can see how it will work for you ...and it only $60 which is not bad...and they are a friendly bunch.
I lost my licience told them and git a nice note back with another licience.
Anyways great work with 15 second subs.
Alex

xelasnave
28-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Nice star colour also...I dont know if it is right but I wish I could get colour like you have.
Alex

RyanJones
28-09-2018, 02:13 PM
Great to see you posting some pics Karl.

What iso were you using on the camera ?

Some nice colour in the stars !

Well done mate !

Karlzburg
28-09-2018, 04:59 PM
I'll be adding more pics, I have a couple more to post. Basic stuff but still good to look at.

I use Digital Photo Professional 4 by Canon Alex for this shot, still getting use to how it works. From memory after stacking I dropped the brightness and added some contrast, on the I upped the reds, blues and magenta on hue sat and lums by only a few points each.

Was mainly 1600 ISO Ryan with a few 800's in there. Was getting hard towards the end as the moon was poking over the hill.

JA
29-09-2018, 07:56 AM
At a pinch one can use "PRINT SCREEN" on the computer keyboard, which will save the entire computer screen image to a clipboard and then go in to most image editing (even MS Paint) or even word applications and simply paste. With say a not uncommon 1920 x 1080 computer screen, if one maxes out the size of the desired image on computer screen, this results in a similar sized image ... About 2 megapixels maximum which can be saved as a JPEG, etc..

Best
JA