PDA

View Full Version here: : What to do.

xelasnave
28-09-2018, 11:07 AM
I have been setting up the eight inch f5 with the zwo cooled 1600 and its eight place filter wheel.
I have been trying to get distance between the sensor and the coma corrector...this morning I thought down the road I will probably need a tilt corrector and then I thought although I had notvthought of it earlier that perhaps I should go for OAG...
So should I bite the bullet and do it all now so I get all inplace and that will determine the final spacer which would then appear to be a 2 mm unit.
Any thoughts?
Alex

xelasnave
28-09-2018, 11:09 AM
Anyone using such a set up with a the small zwo as a guide camera.
Alex

glend
28-09-2018, 12:08 PM
On an 8 inch f5 Newt a guide scope is fine, don't complicate the setup un-necessiarily. What coma corrector are you using, if it is the Baader MPCC then spacing is always 55mm. With my ASI1600MM-C and my Starlight Express 36mm filter wheel the combo takes up 22.5mm of space (The camera screws right to the filter wheel housing), so simple math from there: 55mm - 22.5mm = 32.5mm of spacing required. Don't forget the 3:1 Rule in relation to focal length effect of having filters or other glass in the light path to the sensor. A typical filter of 2mm, and the 1mm sensor compartment cover on the camera = 3mm, thus you extend your spacing by an additional 1mm.

I use an ASI290Mini as a guide camera on a ZWO 60mm guidescope, works great on all my scopes, with the MN190 f5.3 being very close to your Newt.

xelasnave
28-09-2018, 12:31 PM
Thanks Glen.
Yes I have the Baader, at least without looking☺, I appreciate your comments.
I expect the tilt corrector would be good to put in however now than possibly later.
With it it seems that means I need around 17.5 ...
I purchased a 10 meter usb cable which works so that is a huge step as up North I can now sit inside.
I have the cabling sorted...there is a lot of it☺
And thinking about the zwo box it will only eliminate the new 10 meter cable so I am going with that..less complex which as you indicate is a sensible goal.
I hope you are well.
Alex

glend
28-09-2018, 12:36 PM
Yes Alex, getting better, thanks.
With your 10m USB cable, I hope it is an Active (powered) cable? The ASI USB3 cameras have been known to struggle with extension cables unless they are powered. I have a 5 m Active cable plugged directly into a USB3 port on my laptop, that works great.

xelasnave
28-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Great to hear that you are getting better.
Its a bit of a shock...
The usb cable is powered and so far no worries.
I will go to Bintel hopefully tomorrow and get a few things like the tilt adjuster and a cable to hook up the old mount to the lappy that way I can work on problems down here... I cant really set up the heq5 and leave it set up for an extended time..it would be in full view of the street which could attract theives but I dont want to be under observation from passers by.
The to do list is still rather long but I am so happy with my progress given I dont know what I am doing.
Alex