PDA

View Full Version here: : Can I stack images in Pixinsight without flat, bias etc

jimmyh1555
21-09-2018, 10:59 AM
I am thinking of learning how to stack in PI, Can I stack just the lights and darks in PI?. It seems not worth it to bother about bias, flat, getting a white Tee-shirt at dawn and draping it over the scope etc. All I want is to take some images, follow up with a few darks whilst I am packing things up, then go indoors and process. Or do I have to do all that stuff every time I take an image.:shrug:
I have been using DSS, but it has completely stumped me with refusing to accept a dark. :help:

RickS
21-09-2018, 11:17 AM
Yes, you can. If you use the BatchPreprocessing script you'll get a warning that you don't have bias and flat files but you can ignore that and continue.

LewisM
21-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Like Rick said, use BatchPreProcess under Scripts.

If you are DSLR or OSC remember to tick CFA images (debayer - makes the images color). You will have to select your Bauer matrix (experiment if need be as no 2 cams are the same) or try Auto (mine always fails if I try that). If you do eventually use calibration frames, select each as a master etc.