PDA

View Full Version here: : Eyepiece and filter kit

Granada
17-09-2018, 01:51 AM
Any thoughts on this kit from Bintel: https://www.bintel.com.au/product/celestron-eyepiece-filter-kit-1-25-inch/ ?

I'm looking to put together a kit for visual observation and was wondering what I need other than eyepieces and Celestron Nexstar 6SE? Filters come to mind, but not sure which ones. Anything else?

doug mc
17-09-2018, 09:35 AM
I would first start at considering what magnifications you will require considering the aperature and focal length of your scope. You will soon loose interest in squinting into 6mm plossls. Combining that eyepiece with a barlow will likely be way too high magnification. Working on a budget, i would consider a budget wide field for maximum field of view, followed by a dual ED for medium power, and high, and select a barlow to interspace the magnifications. At the same time buy a eyepiece case big enough to allow room for a few more items. Soon you will be deluged by by info about Naglers ect, but unless you are prepared to get a second mortgage on your house, i would forget about those for now. Good luck.

doug mc
17-09-2018, 09:38 AM
Woops, i missed your first post. You already have Naglers.

Karlzburg
18-09-2018, 06:33 PM
What eye pieces do you have now? I have the planetary filters now ( red, yellow, green and blue.. brand new and will sell for 40$ plus post ) as well as a polarising filter. I use a baader zoom with a barlow and happy with the results I see.

Wavytone
27-09-2018, 12:37 AM
Granada don't bother with that kit. Putting the Barlow aside (useless IMHO) it amounts to 4 eyepieces and a few filters plus a case. But the eyepieces are a pretty poor selection.

You'd do better to pick up the filters from Karl and a clutch of GSO SV eyepieces from AndrewsComm spanning 9mm, 12mm and 25mm at $59 apiece.

brian nordstrom
29-09-2018, 11:57 AM
:thumbsup: I second this , Superviews work especially well in f10 SCT's and are much nicer to look through than a 6-12mm plossl .

Brian.