PDA

View Full Version here: : AstroArt Processing

darrellx
16-09-2018, 12:05 PM
Hi All

I have decided to use AstroArt to process my images, but I cannot see how to use a luminance channel (or layer).

Most of my imaging uses narrowband filters with a luminance filter. I have seen a video on Bi Colour processing (Ha and Oiii) using the Oiii in both the Blue and Green channels. But I cannot find how to add the data from the luminance filter.

Until now, I have used CCDStack and PhotoShop and either do the Bi Colour processing, or sometimes I create a synthetic colour channel for the green. But either way, I add the luminance data at the end.

Can someone point me to a resource that would cover this process?

On a different note, and to cover this option, I have tried to log onto the AstroArt forum. For the last few days, whenever I try to logon, my web browser shuts down. This only happens with the AstroArt forum. Does anyone know of a problem with it?

Thanks
darrell

Merlin66
17-09-2018, 10:12 AM
Darrell,
I use AA6 all the time for spectroscopy so not a lot of experience in AP imaging.
Under the help tab, the in-built Guide/Manual has a section camera control/ sequencing which allows you to set-up your various filters for different exposures....

To process the LRGB files look at the Preprocessing guide under Help/Tools.
This allows you to set up the darks/ flats for each filter in the sequence.

Which AA forum? The old Yahoo forum is no longer supported..
This is the current forum:
http://www.astroartforum.net/forum/

Fabio is very responsive and helpful. If you still have problems with the AA forum let me know I can fix it.
Hope this helps.

darrellx
17-09-2018, 07:49 PM
Ken

Thanks. I think I have worked through one possible solution for my issue. At the moment I am concentrating on using AA to process the images taken with SGP. One step at a time.

This is the forum that I have been trying to log onto. I have sent a message to try and sort out my access problem.

Darrell