PDA

View Full Version here: : M8 Lagoon Nebula

doppler
14-09-2018, 09:10 PM
Hi all, just finished a Rowan belt mod conversion on my Heq5, much quieter when slewing and the guiding has improved and is more consistent. Here's the results of one test run.
13 X 3min subs @ iso 800, unmodded canon 1100d, 10" f4.8 newt guided on Heq5.
Full field and a couple of cropped "closeups".

Rick

casstony
14-09-2018, 09:20 PM
Very nice - subtle colours and detail.

xelasnave
15-09-2018, 12:15 AM
Really nice Rick so ralistic.
Alex

cometcatcher
15-09-2018, 08:26 AM
That's sharp Rick! My HEQ5 has a back and forward wobble to it. I should get this belt mod too.

Anth10
15-09-2018, 08:42 AM
lovely shot there Doppler.
Smooth image well processed, hats off for doing the belt mod too!
I’m with you Kev, we all should have a go at it I’m starting to see my neq6 feeling the effects of wear and tear.
You’re set Rick:thumbsup:

doppler
15-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Thanks Tony, my camera is not modded so that's the colour that comes out of the camera, I try to go with that and keep it natural, as the eye would see if the nebula were close.

Thanks Alex, that's why I do astrophotography, the camera shows a lot more than the eye so you can see what is really there.

Thanks Kevin, the belt mod is not that hard to do. I tuned my mount a while ago and moved the motors and cogs tighter which made a big improvement in the slewing noises, the belt mod was another step forward. As a bonus Rowan doesn't do Australian GST and has a cheap postage option, plus it was only 8 days from order to Mackay.

Thanks Anthony, anything you can do to improve tracking is a bonus on the path to good images, especially when you are pushing your mount beyond it's limits.