PDA

View Full Version here: : WIld processing

xelasnave
14-09-2018, 02:44 PM
It started as the cats paw captured with the 8 inch and Nikon some time ago but in an effort today to extract detail of whatever may lay hidden and do extrteme things to get it out...hang the colour in other words:D see what comes out...

I ran the image thru Startools and it looked as good as it could be for what it was...but then I took the image into the new GIMP and played around and after slight levels and brightness etc took up the dodge tool and started doing particular regions till I covered the whole image:eyepop:..redo for dodge tool is labourious when there was all the redos so I went with it:D.. Everywhere I used the tool seemed to benefit as to detail bringing stuff out that I had not detected with brightness and contrast or levels...the poping out of the solid colour got me wondering if its the computers imagination or if those solid patches represent something although not nicely captured...I was thinking of repairing it somehow..if it was something....MAsk it and play with it maybe...anyways I am finding Startools easy to use at a basic level and have a work run that certainly is better than I can produce with photoshop...the image changes so little in each step and it takes ages but at the end they all add up.
The second one was processed in the old gimp and never daw startools...somewhere between the two maybe.
Anyways I suspect this image has more wrong with it than right but its all I have done today:P.

alex:D

leon
14-09-2018, 05:56 PM
My God man do you ever stop,:shrug: obviously you don't need sleep.:P

Ya know what Alex it seems you are enjoying yourself, go fo it mate :thumbsup:

Leon :thumbsup:

Startrek
14-09-2018, 05:57 PM
Alex,
Looks a lot better than my effort today using Startools
Shot M8 last night 30 lights and 15 darks all stacked in DSS
Ran it through Startools 3 times and looked horrible so deleted them
Need to read up , YouTube and experiment a bit to get my head around Startools
Martin

xelasnave
14-09-2018, 06:16 PM
I was starting with autodevopment but that does not do it for me I start with manual adjustment then lens bin wipe sharpen contrast H DR decon colour track( the way to do final noise)
Alex

xelasnave
14-09-2018, 06:17 PM
Thanks Leon I like to keep active there is so much still to do.

Alex

iborg
14-09-2018, 09:21 PM
Hi Alex

Totally bloody daft result! I like it anyway!!

Have fun

Philip

xelasnave
15-09-2018, 04:38 PM
It really is shocking to look now☺
Although overdone that dodge tool can be used to great effect...just dont overdoit like I did...
The new gimp is not bad but its taking a while to learn exactly how to use it.
The erode sometimes works well to bring down star size dramatically...but sometimes is leaves a mess...I have been enlarging my image aplying erode and I have got away at times with multiple applications of erode...anyways reduce the stars as much as possible and resize to smaller...I dont know if that is dumb but it seems to get them smaller sometimes...startools has a tool to reduce stars but it does not seem to reduce them all that much.
Each time I push the controls and play around particularly in that section.
And I have been masking the stars and hitting them with all the dials turned up in colour which sometimes makes the stars look interesting...I probably dont have star colour correct but at least I can get them glowing without altering the object...then invert the mask and try a few things not touching the stars.
Alex

xelasnave
15-09-2018, 04:46 PM
And mask little sections in Startools and perhaps work on it seperately...one after the other grt differnt colour and stuff.
Alex

xelasnave
15-09-2018, 04:49 PM
I must try too trim down the overdone image and merge it with the original and dial out the new image until it looks sharp and there should femain more detail...one of many experiments in the pipe line.

Alex