PDA

View Full Version here: : Vixen R130sf focus

Karlzburg
14-09-2018, 11:46 AM
I've got a vixen newt and struggling to achieve focus. Secondary is square to focuser and aligned to within .5mm, it's all collimate spot on but can not get focus even on the moon.
I've search on Google for the scope and noticed some pictures have extender tubes. Would that be the only cause to not getting focus?
Looking down with no ep in the moon didn't look sharp either, I have an old Newt and looking into it there is a small moon but sharp in visual.
I'm stumped at the moment

DavidLJ
16-09-2018, 07:51 PM
If you bought the R130sf new, it should have come complete with a 55mm long 1.25” focuser extension tube that screws onto the top of the focuser draw tube. You need that extender if you are going to use an eyepiece as otherwise you will not be able to achieve focus. If you use a camera, the supplied extension tube will probably be too long to get focus in which case you will need to remove it completely or substitute a shorter tube.

If you acquired the telescope second hand you may have received it without the 55mm extension tube in which case you will need to source a new Vixen one or another of comparable length.