PDA

View Full Version here: : Life is tough with Mach1...

Slawomir
13-09-2018, 07:51 PM
Hi all,

Recently I decided to measure the PE curve for my mount and to upload it to the mount as an experiment. I do not expect a radical improvement in the quality of data, but it is worth trying nonetheless. Attached is a tracking curve with and without PE correction.

BTW, I really like how SGP controls the mount whole night so I can set-up and polar align at dusk, and let SGP initiate the sequence when the target is high enough and do its thing until the morning, while I am having a good night sleep.

How good is that!

RickS
13-09-2018, 08:09 PM
Show off :lol:

Atmos
13-09-2018, 08:23 PM
Life must be so hard, let me relinquish you of your pain and sorrow Suavi and it can sit with my DDM60 as a brother/sister ;)

I don’t quite have a PE but I tried measuring it a while back on a partly cloudy night, that wasn’t a great idea but it is working within spec; 0.3” over 5 minutes :)

I totally agree with SGP. I’ve set up 40 panel sequences and it just chugs away at them quite happily. I would just like to be able to set altitude limits as opposed to just time limits, other than that it works well.

miki63au
13-09-2018, 09:23 PM
Very nice Suavi :)

My CGEM-DX had about 30" :scared3:... I think.... that was before I knocked it over with my UTE :sadeyes::screwy::sad:

I have high hopes of the 11" Byers worm EQ project... will see.

Mick

strongmanmike
15-09-2018, 12:23 PM
Looks good Suavi :thumbsup: do you still autoguide? The guide graph must be perfectly flat..?

Mike

Slawomir
15-09-2018, 07:20 PM
Me, showing off? Just sharing my objective observations and data ;)

Your mount must be true joy to use. Yes, SGP is generally reliable but , as with everything, it has a few areas that could be improved.

Looking forward to seeing the result of your project Mick.

I wish :lol: My polar alignment is usually not spot on, so there is some drift in DEC plus some slight movements in RA. But with a solid pier, mechanically very rigid telescope and in a permanent obsy I feel it could be done.