PDA

View Full Version here: : Broken Promise not astronomy.

xelasnave
13-09-2018, 01:21 PM
I said I would inly post aztro related I should not have.
General chat is just that..
Anyways have you ever had a day where it becomes all too much?
I had a couple of hours just a while ago..not sewerzidways but so flat ...
I have had so many folk draining my energy ..I cant hardley help my self let alone hear out folks problems...
I was so happy when there was no one around and no radio and tv.. and these phones if they cant get you they text...

Have you ever felt real flat.
Alex

AstralTraveller
13-09-2018, 02:01 PM
I hear you. Life can be a steamroller. Sometimes I feel like everyone I know has major issues, if not a crisis, in their lives. It's amazing how much energy the sister-in-law's marriage breakup has drained - and I'm not even closely involved. My poor wife has had virtually no 'me' time this year (and that worries me too).

At the moment my defense is:

no booze
early to bed, early to rise
at work very early
walking for an hour after work
eat well
anti-depressants

bojan
13-09-2018, 03:09 PM
NO anti-depresants.. beer is also effective and much better for you..

Stonius
13-09-2018, 03:25 PM
I always find astronomy helps. Doing something for yourself. You get to look at the vastness of the universe and take comfort in the fact that our earthly troubles seem so small by comparison.

Oh, and exercise. And spending quality time chatting to my partner. All good things. Hope it passes soon for you :-)

:-)

AstralTraveller
13-09-2018, 03:56 PM
I've tried that approach - in fact far too much. After trying to avoid it, I've had to come to the conclusion that they are a necessary evil. The first type I tried were almost worse than the disease but the present ones have no noticeable side-effects.

xelasnave
13-09-2018, 04:00 PM
And everyone wants to believe you☺
I must say the turning point for my legs was getting a bottle of scotch and drunking it all over two days so for a no drinker pretty smashed but I got a holiday from the never ending fire..its not painful really but it dont stop..being cut gave me a rest and I really started forward again...its not the best solution but its not like taking a pill a day which I wont do.

And up North the crazy things that have being going on ...I just ignore that and let the police deal with it all...our computer guy told us he was the local copper thirty years ago and said probably the same folk causing problems...yes same same same...so one has to ignore it even when its in your face.

I get a few folk who seek me out for advice which is free but hopefully wirth something...and so you end up caring and involved.

But all is good I have one problem that concerns me but I have it wired...only a happy result can come which ever way it goes...I just have to sit back until management is required if at all.

All good.
But how life can drain you.

I think because its dark and I am not up North getting some photos I feel deprived and flat...
Maybe I have a hang over...maybe I will seek another.
I know drink half a bottle of scotch and go take astro photos and play with the delicate equipment...that would be good for concrntration and beatinf the effect of being drugged...so if a spy tries to drug you and carry you aeay you should be able to fight to debilitstion.

I am not drunk or drimking the mistakes come from this small phone screen and fat fingers.
Alex

xelasnave
13-09-2018, 04:08 PM
I need exercise but the legs hold you back but I do a fair bit and doing more but not losing weight ..I need to drop a stone...never a lroblem once but I cant make weight...cancel the fight☺
But with crook legs imagine not have to carry around a stone...thats what more than a five litre can of petrol.???anyways less weight happier legs and improved life.
Alex

dpastern
14-09-2018, 09:50 PM
Exercise apparently helps with depression, especially exercise in the morning.

Another thing that I have read is bad, is the always positive attitude. it just puts more pressure on you to have things always go right. A far better attitude is a more realistic one - recognising that life is full of good AND bad things. Learn from the bad wherever possible, and enjoy the good.

Also, pets can have a MASSIVE positive influence on people with depression. I have a menagerie of pets and love them all (2 cats, 1 galah, 2 rainbow lorikeets, 6 girl rats and 1 boy rat). There's 2 dogs in the house too, although they are not my pets, I still love them to bits.