PDA

View Full Version here: : Silver Dollar Galaxy

Zubenel
12-09-2018, 03:00 PM
Here is my stab at NGC253. From Sunday just gone. I'm still wrestling with tracking performance but have made the jump to 10 second Subs, although DSS would not stack so I used Sequator. I lost patience in attempting to centre( it was getting late) so will improve on this aspect next time!! Curves in GIMP with some colour emhancement and contrast tweeks. Contidions were Bortel 5 skies clea and 12 degrees . Post Edits.I didn't want to darken too much as contrast detail was lost so this rendition will suffer somewhat:question: How far do you go?? Spec. 230 lights 2 darks Total intergration of 38 minutes .~ 20" F5. "Zamar"
Camera Olympus E-pm2 at Newtonian Focus.

cometcatcher
12-09-2018, 05:23 PM
Oh wow, 20" F5. I can see why you have trouble fitting it in! Nice shot.

Lee
12-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Nice work..... how did you track the big dob?

Zubenel
12-09-2018, 07:18 PM
I have been in communication with Gary Myers for Stellacat. He has helped me increase the tracking of the servocat which drives the Alt Az motors in conjunction with the Argonavis DSC. The right position of the switches and using "LOCAL SYNC" has quadrupled the exposure time. I believe I can improve it a bit more though.:thumbsup:

xelasnave
12-09-2018, 08:32 PM
Excellent.
It is amazing what short exposures produce..I wonder just how short you could go...great image.
Alex

Zubenel
13-09-2018, 05:17 PM
This was a bit of exciting !!!!!The story I didn't tell was when the final image had finished stacking my heart raced!! No it couldn’t be a supernova !! Long story short , I contacted The BOSS SN team who said it was worth further investigation. By midnight last night they had taken further photos to find no evidence of the offending supernova . :shrug:Some lessons learnt . Check the subs !! Although they were quiet dark...Thanks Peter and Greg . It was fun there for a good few hours !😊👍🏻See if you can see 2 stars that don’t belong.;) PS. I have no idea what would cause these aberrations ??