PDA

View Full Version here: : Planets 1st sept

Tony Leece
02-09-2018, 12:35 PM
Perth's clouds abated for a while so i had a go with the iphone again.
Got a little detail, but with an undriven mount i can only take 18-20 second video as the planet moves across my field of view.
A moon filter sorted mars, venus and jupiter as all i got last time where large white blobs.
Ran them through registax wavlets and adjusted the green mars ( due to the moon filter) back to a reddish colour ( registax sorted jupiter out itself somehow).
A few firsts for me and i'm hoping its clear tonight :D

foc
02-09-2018, 10:46 PM
Good Jupiter in particular, I never got a Jupiter pic anywhere close to that using a phone to the eyepiece. And Jupiters getting low now so that is even more impressive. The other planets seem to have more issues with odd color during image processing I did not see yours scope but your photos are good enough to encourage you. I do not know about the capabilities of I phone or how I-phones compare with other options but have you considered to trying out a micro 4/3s or even a planetary camera with video capabilities to get sharper pics

Tony Leece
02-09-2018, 11:32 PM
thanks Ross, i have been using a moon filter because i was just getting over exposed blobs and have been trying to get the colour back to somewhere like normal. still very early days and i am trying to learn as i go :)
when funds permit i aim to get better gear. a new mount is the first as i am not getting good data to start with.
Lucky with the jupiter one i think. first red spot for me :D
Thanks for your encouragement mate:thumbsup::thumbsup: