PDA

View Full Version here: : NGC 5139 - Omega Centauri

Astroman
26-08-2018, 07:31 AM
Hi all,

I am now getting to a point with my equipment where I am almost happy with it. After 5 years of persisting with manufacturing issues on my scope, and after many, many modifications of some sort, it is to a point where I am getting reasonable images from it, that I am happy with. Of course, testing during the winter months and during a near full moon poses more issues, which are out of my control.

So after many mods, here is NGC5139 or commonly known as Omega Centauri. Taken near full moon so image is probably far from what it could be. Also taken just above my Observatory roof, so maybe heat affected also :)

8" f4 Newt
Canon 1100D
HEQ5pro

Imme
26-08-2018, 07:52 AM
Beautiful image. It really pops.
I think the full res version would be something special

Astroman
26-08-2018, 07:59 AM
Thanks, I am trying to get my AstroBin profile back so I will upload it to that when I can.

Thanks for your comments, appreciate it.

Andrew.

RickS
26-08-2018, 12:44 PM
The compression is probably murdering it but it still looks good, Andrew.

Cheers,
Rick.

Astroman
26-08-2018, 09:55 PM
You are right there Rick, I did have to crunch it down a fair way to get ISS to upload it. It's still far from what I would call perfect, but it's on it's way. I will revisit it next year when it is a little higher in the sky. Uploading it to Astrobin, I saw even more imperfections, so probably best not to link that
:D

astronobob
26-08-2018, 11:10 PM
Well Done, resolution & sharpness is tops, andrew, like the frame/view size from your scope with this target too, very dynamic, 3d and nicely processed into a sheriodal looking star system :thumbsup:

Astroman
27-08-2018, 06:49 AM
Thanks Bob. :)