PDA

View Full Version here: : [WITHDRAWN] Qhy12

OneCosmos
25-08-2018, 02:46 PM
Did I mention what a fantastic camera this is? :)

It is time for me to move to mono and so a camera I absolutely love has to go. I’m offering my 1 year old QHY 12 up for sale.

I first bought a QHY 12 five years ago and after four years something was not working, I had a remote troubleshooting session with QHY, after which they told me to send it back for a BRAND NEW replacement!! Both Theo at Gamaelectronics and QHY were brilliant. That was just before Astrofest 2017.

This QHY12 therefore has been used only twice for any length of time at Astrofest and infrequently at other times. Honestly, this, in my opinion is one of the finest OSC cameras on the market. A decent size 14megapixel CCD with 5.12 micron pixels and as quiet as a church mouse. I do use darks but honestly don’t now why I bother. It has only ever been cooled to -15 degrees which is more than enough and possible even in summer in Queensland. Full technical details can be found here: http://gamaelectronics.com.au/QHY12.html

As you can see a brand new one is $3750 and one has the extra heater which I’ll throw in with it (that’s what the wire is in the photo). Note that the photos also show it with a TS OAG. I have never actually used it but keep it there because it was part of the train for the distance to my flattener. The OAG is not included in the sale but can be yours for an extra $80. I also have an Astronomics CLS filter to use with it but again not included. I’d be happy to part with that too for a further $150.

OSC cameras have the advantage of simplicity over mono and I will miss that but my skies are very light polluted and mono will provide greater scope.

Price is $2950 reflecting the fact that it is only just over 1 year old.

Included is the original aluminium box (not shown), mains adapter, USB and DC unit and 9 pin lead.

If you’re after a OSC camera this is a very fine one indeed and a good saving on new. The photos attached were the first taken last year with the replacement from QHY.