PDA

View Full Version here: : The Dark Wolf Nebula

SimmoW
25-08-2018, 12:03 PM
Details in AB here (https://www.astrobin.com/362147/B/)

So my dark, dark nebula obsession carries on! Guess I'm enjoying imaging what I could never do in the 'burbs.

guiding improvement on the side by side setup continue and are starting to pay off. Testing my new second hand Takumar lens tonight, hoping to get far better star colour/focus matching. And my good pal Al has finished my Arduino focuser, so just a timing wheel away from focus Nirvana

RickS
26-08-2018, 12:55 PM
A great target and a good result, Simon. A bit more tweaking and you will be producing some smashing images with that set up.

Geoff45
26-08-2018, 01:03 PM
Nice composition Simon. Interesting field with both dark nebs and brown dust. Well processed.

Imme
26-08-2018, 01:58 PM
I think that's a smashing image!

SimmoW
27-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Thanks for looking and the comments folks.

Man this small setup has been problematic. Latest issue discovered is the crappy zwo asi1600 camera mount, so much flex and instability, no wonder my guiding has been such a challenge. So I'm trying to stiffen that and have ordered some scope rings to help support. I'm determined to get this right.

Ryderscope
28-08-2018, 08:40 AM
I’m drawn to the dark nebula as well Simon so I understand your passion. You’ve captured some nice sinuous dark tendrils in this image. If you keep working away at your technical issues I’m sure that it will all fall into place.

RickS
28-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Is that the holder ring? From pics it looks like it is made of plastic. ZWO recently switched to a new aluminium holder ring that seems pretty robust.

Cheers,
Rick.