PDA

View Full Version here: : Moon on the 25th of May

speach
20-08-2018, 07:14 AM
Taken on the 25th of May With 250mm skywatcher f4 reflector and Canon D1100 (modified) and a NEQ6 mount. Exposure was 1/1000 and there were 210 exposures stacked in autostackker then processed in Pixinsight

xelasnave
20-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Thats a very sharp image Simon.
Thanks for sharing.
I hope you are well.
Alex

speach
21-08-2018, 08:56 AM
Thanks Alex was wondering if I'd over sharpened it.

xelasnave
21-08-2018, 10:25 AM
Not if you stand back☺

You gotta view your images from the point of view of looking at what you did right.

I know I have to do that with my images...heck just getting something is a big accomplishment if you think about it.☺

You did well ...print it up a frame it and hang it behind you at your work and I bet no one will come up and say its maybe sharpened too much...they will say however..you took that its amazing.

So post a few more.
Alex

sil
21-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Yes for on screen viewing or measurements, but about right for printing where a little extra sharpening of a final image can help the softening effect of most prints. Depends what you want really. I try to avoid that obvious sharpened ring you have around the edge of the moon. But its a common bad habit, like overstretching colours that people often do because they see a more dramatic difference to their photo than a subtle difference which is usually all thats needed.

Gavin1234
21-08-2018, 03:13 PM
Great picture Simon. I love being able to see the terrain on the horizon like you can in this picture with all the craters down the bottom.