PDA

View Full Version here: : Another Astrofest dump!

that_guy
13-08-2018, 12:49 PM
That... was an exhausting event. Everynight (except for the rainy night), I've had on average 3 hours of sleep with 2 all nights mixed in the middle. Having to go to work for 2 hours as soon as I arrived back home was NOT ideal. Collapsed yesterday night at 7PM and just woke up. I am yet to unpack my car. Although I'm contemplating heading out to Wyaralong dam tonight seeing as how its already packed :question:

I think I only have one good image to show for the exhausting week but I still had plenty of fun and caught up with many people from last years astrofest. I'd say that it was worth the 3 hour trip just for Ricks talk + help in the cafeteria! I am no longer scared to use pixinsight (well.... a little bit).

M20 Trifid was shot over multiple nights in LRGB.
38x 5min Lum
15x 3min RGB each.

Eastern veil was shot in pure narrowband due to the moon during the first half of the week.
15x 15min Ha
7x 20min OIII
I definately need more data on it as it is still considerably noisy and lacking the fainter detail. Although I don't get that far north that often so I may hit this up next year :P

Andromeda in L only
30x 3min Lum
Last night test shot. Having just received the flattener/reducer from John (Bintel) on the second to last night. I popped off the ED127 and used the ED80 for the first time in YEARS for imaging. and I gotta say... I miss the thing. ITS SO EASY TO USE!

RickS
13-08-2018, 02:53 PM
A nice collection of images, Tony :thumbsup:

I'm glad you found the PI talk helpful.

Cheers,
Rick.

strongmanmike
13-08-2018, 02:55 PM
Sounds like the perfect star party Tony and some great shots for the record, really like the Veil :thumbsup: I will get to an Astrofest... eventually...

Mike