PDA

View Full Version here: : Omega Centauri NGC 5139

Startrek
06-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Single image captured at 40deg alt ( south coast )

ISO 3200 @ 1 minute 12 sec exposure

Canon 600D stock

Sharpness 7
Contrast 4

Saturation +2
Colour tone 0

Seeing conditions good , no wind , stars stable

PKay
07-08-2018, 08:54 AM
Not to bad Martin.
Good resolution and some colour starting to show.

A search in this cluster will find stars of every colour.

xelasnave
07-08-2018, 10:17 AM
You did very well Martin as you have a nice image.
alex

cometcatcher
07-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Nice well processed single image. I often take singles too. There's even a spot on FB for single image astrophotography. It's challenging yet fun.

Startrek
07-08-2018, 01:29 PM
Thanks Peter, Alex and Kevin

I’ve been imaging in “manual mode” for the past 6 months trying to snap the best single images that my little newt allows ( drift PA with eye piece and handcontroller, remote canon shutter switch etc.... ) but now its time venture to the next level. My laptop has finally arrived so my son is coming over on the weekend to set it up for me with drivers, software, file management etc..

I’ve made an adjustable table with castors and a grey plastic tub on top to house the laptop which will sit 2.5m from the mount. Power boards and usb hub are mounted underneath with cable holes through the tub and table top
I made the set up portable as I image and observe between both Sydney and Narrawallee on the south coast

Going to start with camera control BYEOS then autoguiding PHD2 and finally stacking and processing

It’s going to take a bit of time to learn all this new technology but should be fun and hopefully some better images in the long run

Thanks again