PDA

View Full Version here: : Eclipse and Mars Illawarra Escarpment

Sunfish
28-07-2018, 12:42 PM
This morning. A total lunar eclipse .

AstralTraveller
28-07-2018, 04:04 PM
I'm trying to place your location. Was that at Pucky's?

Sunfish
28-07-2018, 06:03 PM
Thirroul Beach at Flannagans creek. The ducks refused to get in the frame. I forgot to change the stop and the exposure and then the moon was gone as you can see in my Beginners Astro post.

AstralTraveller
28-07-2018, 06:16 PM
Ah ha, yes I know where you mean but I've rarely walked around that area. I was trying to think of places with pines. It'll be a couple of days before I process my imaging attempts.

Sunfish
28-07-2018, 09:31 PM
No point doing much processing with my shots. I had a tracking mount in the car I was just too hasty to set it up. The interesting thing I found in an eclipse being new to that , was that the moon is so much darker you can use slower shutter speeds and get more stars which is normally very hard. So using my tracking mount would have been perfect. The hard part then is foreground until that moment the sun comes up which could have been perfect. I look forward to seeing some great shots from some more experienced eclipse photographers.

Saturnine
28-07-2018, 11:38 PM
Nice shots, It was a great mornings viewing and imaging. You must have been looking just about over Panorama House from that angle.

Sunfish
30-07-2018, 02:13 PM
The moon set a little south of West right now , maybe 15 degrees off magnetic , so I think Panorama is to the right. Can't see it in those shots. It was an exceptional morning except for a little smoke and surprisingly warm.

Mars was great luck I don't suppose we will see again for a while.