PDA

View Full Version here: : I like dust.

xelasnave
23-06-2018, 09:22 PM
This area looked interesting from a visual survey so I thought I would give it a run.
About 100 captures at 30 seconds at 1600 iso.
I think it was close to the chimney but at this point I was more interested in guideing but when I looked earlier I sortta remembered doing this...I have only now processed it without my daughters help so I guess the colour will be off but I thought I would post it and ask if anything here has a name:)
I tried to go easy on the black this time but I dont know..
alex

cometcatcher
23-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Hi Alex. That is an interesting, dusty part of the sky with dark nebula, bright star clouds and a bright star. A little on the green side perhaps.

If you want to know what you've got, try Astrometry.net. It will plate solve your unidentified image for you.

First of all go here ---> http://nova.astrometry.net/upload

Browse for your file and upload it. It will then plate solve your image. Like this ---> http://nova.astrometry.net/user_images/2165412#annotated

leon
24-06-2018, 05:50 AM
Alex do you ever sleep :shrug: you seem to be at it all the time, either that or you have a terrible imaging fever from which there is no recovery :lol:
Keep shooting mate :thumbsup:

Leon :thumbsup:

xelasnave
24-06-2018, 06:19 AM
Thanks Kevin.
Thanks Leon, I do sleep but for the past two weeks have not got to bed before 3 am often 4 am because the sky has been clear every night.
I have been rather busy.
Alex

leon
24-06-2018, 09:18 AM
Ah yes when that sky is dark and clear :D I know what you mean, one just cant leave it alone, it is always better after midnight.

Leon :thumbsup:

Lognic04
24-06-2018, 09:31 AM
Nice!

Lognic04
24-06-2018, 09:32 AM
The blacks definitely do look better! If you had done the same as before you wouldnt even be able to see anything! :D

xelasnave
24-06-2018, 11:40 AM
This was thru the nikon lens at about55 but I could see no clour..not that I see colour but I like the dust lanes
alex