PDA

View Full Version here: : NGC 6744 (Furious Dancer)

PeterSEllis
19-06-2018, 10:11 PM
Hi Guys,
NGC 6744 taken over 6 hours with my new ZWO ASI071 OSC using a 150mm Skywatcher Esprit APO.
This little number is quite difficult from Boronia, with the current level of light pollution. Oh, how I envy those who live under dark skies.

Cheers
Peter

Ryderscope
19-06-2018, 10:15 PM
You've managed to capture the faint outer arms of the galaxy well Peter and a nice collection of background galaxies as well. Well done :)

cometcatcher
19-06-2018, 10:42 PM
Definitely captured some nice faint detail. That's a hard target with any sort of LP.

Atmos
19-06-2018, 10:42 PM
It’s a faint target under dark skies so you’ve done will in suburbia Peter :)

PeterSEllis
20-06-2018, 08:32 AM
Thanks for your comments Rodney. It is one of the hardest ones I have done from Boronia and I was pretty happy with the results. I'm thinking next time I might increase the exposure from 6 minutes to 10 minutes, unfortunately, there is a law of diminishing returns with the light pollution here.

Thanks for your comments Kevin. I could never have done that in the old days with film with the current levels of light pollution, thank god for CCD's
and Pixinsight.

Thanks for your comments Colin, If I recall correctly you live under the Melbourne sky and suffer the same light pollution pain I do. They haven't totally defeated us yet.