PDA

View Full Version here: : Latte e Caffè

JA
01-06-2018, 12:17 PM
OK so we all like a good cup of coffee. Well this is nothing to do with good coffee, but good tasting INSTANT coffee.

Here's how....
1. Take your favourite large coffee mug.
2. Set the kettle to boil your water.
3. Place 1 to 1.5 of heavily heaped teaspoons of Nescafe Blend 43 INSTANT coffee in mug
4. Add sugar or substitute to taste (at least 1)
5. Fill 1/4 to 1/3 of the cup with boiling water.
6. Stir the thick coffee syrup to dissolve all the goodies.
7. Fill the rest of the cup with milk (not skinny milk, but low fat or normal is OK)
8. Heat in microwave for 1.5 to 2 minutes (max).

Adjust time to achieve your desired temperature. Careful it can be HOT straight out of microwave.

ENJOY your DIY Latte e Caffè.

For INSTANT it tastes OK, but you may need to remove skin on top as the milk coffee cools. It's not espresso, but you can get it anywhere, however; if you want to step it up a notch use espresso from a perculator in lieu of instant.

When I was young gran used to make Latte e Caffè, with espresso on the stove - for the kids..

Have Fun and

Best
JA

leon
01-06-2018, 03:00 PM
Might have to try that recipe JA, thanks for that.:)

Leon :thumbsup:

tlgerdes
01-06-2018, 03:25 PM
I used to do that, but substituted the Blend43 for the Nescafe Espresso mix with the green label (a darker blend)

Now I Have my Breville Barista 870, I cant go back.

Nikolas
01-06-2018, 05:28 PM
I'd rather stick my head in the microwave

JA
01-06-2018, 05:44 PM
A tea drinker eh....:D

Best
JA

LewisM
01-06-2018, 05:57 PM
Yup, me too.

I WILL drink coffee "socially" but at home - nope. Barely even drink tea. Not a fan of hot beverages. I DO however make an exception for Glühwein, so long as not TOO much cinnamon is added (like the usual half a tree roll of it :lol:) - that stuff is the bee's knees in the snow and wind of the Siberian steppe :P

Oh, and warmed Saki too.

Atmos
01-06-2018, 06:07 PM
I forego the kettle and just fill a mug with skim milk and microwave for two minutes. JUST milk and coffee hehe

Wilso
01-06-2018, 06:15 PM
I did mess around with the same but with plunger coffee. JA
Put the plunger glass, coffee, water and milk in the microwave all at once!
Tasted good but alas the pods are so much easier ,just as quick and taste soo good as well.
The best type, flavour and value for money for me have been the Brasilia supa crema. ;)

SimmoW
02-06-2018, 06:20 AM
A fun thread JA. I do love a nice coffee, so i might try that idea when in the trenches.

My contribution is this- make your hot coffee as normal but dont add milk or sugar. Instead, steal a can of sweetened condensed milk, add a heaped teaspoon or 2 of it and stir like mad. Add some pedestrian milk to perfect strength and cool a bit (itll be very hot!!!) And enjoy. A rare treat.

ZeroID
02-06-2018, 11:05 AM
What ?! No rum, .. or brandy ... waste of time ... :P

:lol:

kinetic
02-06-2018, 11:13 AM
+1 :thumbsup:

this is my method too.
3 mins will leave a skin...better.
Careful as OP says though....hot hot hot

Steve

xelasnave
02-06-2018, 11:23 AM
Fill the mug half way with coffee top up with whisky...drink half then top up with whisky. ..repeat until the bottle is empty☺

Alex

FlashDrive
02-06-2018, 01:08 PM
:lol::thumbsup:

JA
02-06-2018, 01:27 PM
Well there's always the Hot Rum Toddy .....:D:D:D:cheers:

Best
JA

xelasnave
02-06-2018, 01:44 PM
I arrived at a friends house one day.

He was in the front yard being supported by his neighbour.

They were waiting for the ambulance so I put him in my car and took him to hospital.

Problem...too much coffee.

A retired musician who still slept during the day and stayed up all night...drank strong coffee whilst awake one after the other.

He told me a few days after that the nurse told him if they get two emergencies..one relating to heroine and the other a coffee problem like his that they tend to the coffee drinker first because they can drop dead from heart problems...I dont know if that is correct but heck I want to believe that so I shall...maybe I will cut down to only starting with a quarter cup of coffee.

I have been having a coffee at the local shop in the village..the girl who makes it draws a little heart on the froth of my coffee...it makes me feel nice.

My mate gets ticked off cause he gets no art work on his.

Alex

FlashDrive
02-06-2018, 02:10 PM
She's dropping a subtle hint Alex ....she's got a ' crush ' on you. :thumbsup:

:D

xelasnave
02-06-2018, 02:49 PM
I think she is impressed with my flash walker...its a nice set of wheels.

Alex

Nikolas
02-06-2018, 10:11 PM
My mate has a problem where if he drinks even one cup of coffee his heart goes into overdrive and he passes out. Funny thing is that tea does not have any effect on him

GrahamL
02-06-2018, 10:47 PM
love the smell of coffee just dosn't agree with me , cept for one time had a few cups one morning with liberal splashes of grappa and just dont remember much of the day till much later.

ZeroID
03-06-2018, 06:39 AM
I'm a one, maybe two cup a day coffee guy, normally early in the day. Ground and brewed at home mostly but I have a few favourite cafe's that get patronage now and then.
Many years ago I was having major stomach issues so I dropped tea, coffee and coke. Had withdrawal symptoms for over two weeks ! Now I mix and mingle, green tea or lemon/ginger, coffee, tea. Have never gone back to Coke though.

JA
26-09-2021, 10:44 AM
At the risk of resurrecting a 3+ year old thread, I just wanted to add that I've been put on to the most wonderful decaffeinated instant coffee for when you've had too many and need a decaf. It's called Alcafe DECAF Gold from Aldi.
My favourite way to prepare it is....

Add 1 heaped teaspoon to a cup
Add sugar or artificial sweetener (Sweet & Low is best)
Add a TINY amount of boiling water just enough to dissolve the powder and stir
Fill the cup with milk or lowfat milk (not skim)
Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds to reach desired temp
And enjoy it!

It's remarkable how good this is, for what it is !

Best
JA

xelasnave
27-09-2021, 08:19 AM
Try adding a very small pinch of salt...
Alex

JA
27-09-2021, 09:03 AM
Sounds interesting Alex. Salt works with some chocolate and caramel so why not? I will try it :thumbsup:

Best
JA