PDA

View Full Version here: : random no idea near crux i think and a whale

h0ughy
19-05-2018, 03:36 PM
wow as comedy of errors and lesson in frustration. got focus early evening 17 degrees and then slew to this just off Omega cent and let rip for an hours worth of imaging on ngc4945. bugger me the focus shifted, heaps as the temp at the end of that time was 8 degrees - a lesson in monitoring the shift. but then i refocused and then bumped the mount which moved on the titans clutch now i had a random spot and had to go to dinner. i left it guiding and imaging on this for about an hour, then the cloud came over. so ruddy frustrating:mad2: the guide cam was obscured by the dome and got eggy stars, but focused. have no idea what the glob is? but temperature hits this scope bigtime

RASA and ASI071 cam gain 0 processed in PI though only to show what effect it had, youi can clearly see the difference and i can tell you it was 18 clicks on the feather touch microfocuser electric stepper, and thats not much

cometcatcher
21-05-2018, 10:41 AM
Yeah focus shift from temp can be a pain. I hate those nights when it varies 10+ degrees. Gotta focus every 5 minutes!

Not sure what the glob is. You'll have to plate solve it.