PDA

View Full Version here: : A cool night in SE QLD .

Zubenel
14-05-2018, 04:28 PM
I've been wanting to give Omega a crack ! After fighting with tracking and focus issues ( Frustrating) I came up with this attempt. Seeing Startrek ( Martin's) fine single shot I could probably do with some more data however Shooting from an suburban location ,I have lost a lot of stars in an attempt to darken the sky.I'm unsure of the balance?? What do say?See comparison. 60 lights x 2 sec. 1 dark x 2 sec. (The darker Pic has had curves in Gimp2)
Scope "Zamar" 20" F5 . Camera Olympus E-PM2 4/3 mini at Prime Focus.Temperature. 7.5 degrees.

xelasnave
14-05-2018, 05:37 PM
I am just a mug but firstly I think you have done very well as the stars are wonderful.
I bringthen the image until yhe center blows out and work back from there ...I am going to redo some of my omega c shots using a doge tool in photo shop to makes the bright background contrast by datkening it but keep all those stars at the bright settings.
And thanks for contributing to the forum...keep them coming.
Alex

PKay
15-05-2018, 08:20 AM
Well done Wes :thumbsup:

You have managed to get some good star colours, not easy to do.

Shorter exposures &/or less gain helps a lot from my attempts.

Also with bright star fields you don't need lots of subs. Just enough to get rid of the noise (30 works for me).

Play around with saturation and contrast as well.

Zubenel
15-05-2018, 07:25 PM
THX Pkay. I haven't touched either for fear of taking away from the "natural colours".