PDA

View Full Version here: : SharpCap stacking..

ZeroID
10-05-2018, 07:11 AM
Anyone use the SharpCap Live Stacking capability ?
I finished an imaging run on the latest target and took a look at Eta C, decided to give it a few frames on Lum and live stack in SharpCap.
Made it a lot quicker to download later, 1 image instead of multiples and image quality seems excellent.
Pix is just 5 mins Lum on the 1600mm-c and a quick curves and levels.

Woke up to solid fog this morning, could feel the dew starting last night out in the Ob but very warm nights for May.

ChrisV
10-05-2018, 09:27 PM
Nice Brent

Yes been live stacking with it for a year or two now, its good fun.
Attached live stack of 31x 15sec stacked with asi071 on an 80mm refractor - No post-processing except for cropping
The new version of Sharpcap has colour controls which makes live stacking even easier.

Cheers Chris

ZeroID
11-05-2018, 05:27 AM
Nice pic Chris, I'll check if there is a new version but I'm imaging mono so colour control is not an issue. But it is an excellent piece of software for sure.

ChrisV
11-05-2018, 03:01 PM
The pre-processing with flats is also really helpful for on-the-fly stretching of the images (if that's what you want). Just take some sky flats with sharpcap before you start.

ZeroID
11-05-2018, 03:16 PM
I am going to take a look at that next. This was just a trial to see how it went and it seems to be worth following up.