PDA

View Full Version here: : Dew Challenges and Solutions for Winter

stringscope
15-04-2005, 07:35 AM
Mike,

This is will probably be considered either a good idea or a disruptive influence.

Given the level of interest both questions and various offered solutions surrounding dew. Would it be a good idea to have a specific forum for this topic so that all the information is collected into an easily accessed "bucket"??

Cheers,

iceman
15-04-2005, 07:43 AM
Hi Ian.

I'm not overly keen to create a new forum just for the topic of dew, but am happy to create a sticky thread which either summarises the various threads on the topic, and/or provides links to the threads discussing it so that it can be easily found by those wanting to combat that wet blanket in winter.

As I discussed with you in email the other day, I also think a how-to guide for combatting dew would be a winner and very popular.

Thanks for your suggestion!

mick pinner
15-04-2005, 11:37 AM
For anyone who hasn't seen the dew shields l am making then l thought l would post a photo, these can be made to fit any sized scope and will custom make if need be, as l have mentioned to some of the forum members l will donate 10% of all sales through the site to Mike to help with the running of Ice I n Space, please feel free to contact me if anyone has any questions.

Exfso
15-04-2005, 04:19 PM
As you probably know I have a Meade LXD55 SN10 and the dew shield I am using at present is about as useful as boobs on a bull. It is a Kendrick one which folds around and does up with velcro. It flops, falls off and is generally badly designed. What would I be looking at for one of your for the SN10?

Cheers.

Peter

mick pinner
15-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Peter, for a 10" shield it would be $120 +post, l'm currently making one for Stuart (Beren) he should receive his soon and hopefully do a review. Thanks for the response Mick.

Exfso
15-04-2005, 06:45 PM
The diameter of the OTA at the corrector plate end is 300mm. Just for info.

Cheers.

beren
16-04-2005, 12:43 PM
:) you beauty Mick , appreciate it very much , if anybody is interested give Mick a message and he"ll go through all the details...good on ya mate:cheers: