PDA

View Full Version here: : Adobe camera raw

xelasnave
27-04-2018, 12:48 PM
I was impressed by a utube vid that outlined the use of adobe camera raw.
I went to the adobe site and although I can see various references to "adobe camera raw" and follow links that mention download I cant find it to download.
Now I know I am not that clever so I asked my daughter and she said that it may be discontinued...but there are references etc...well they have references to ..I forget what... and its finished and you cant get it anymore.

So first question does anyone know if adobe camera raw is still a goer?

If not my next question would be which I guess I may as well shout to the wind...Is if its no longer downloadable why dont they fix the site? Maybe they cant afford it...
Anyways can anyone offer comment as ti how to get it...I am prepared to pay isnt that the sort of customer they want?

Alex

bojan
27-04-2018, 02:08 PM
Alex,
I think it is here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Why do you need this? DSS should deal with RAW format (it does with Canon CR2 files, and I thinh it also supports *.nif)
Anyhow, you can use DSS for conversion into TIFF.

xelasnave
27-04-2018, 02:40 PM
Thanks Bojan. I am now downloading photo shop elements and I get the impression it may be there but I will have to wait to check.
Thanks again.
Alex

xelasnave
27-04-2018, 05:23 PM
Download complete.
And it seems the camera raw is in it although it seems different to what I saw in the vid.
Anyways I will play around and see what can be done with all I now have.
I purchased star tools but did have not got pixinsite yet as I ran out of time and had to come down to the house..
Alex
Alex

Nikolas
27-04-2018, 05:38 PM
The one you are thinking of is a plug-in in Adobe cc which works on any photo. The others are only for raw images in lesser versions of cc

OzEclipse
27-04-2018, 08:19 PM
Alex

ACR comes standard as part of Photoshop Elements, Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC and Classic.

The raw file engine at the heart is the same in all programs but the GUI (graphical user interface) comes in different arrangements, tabs or palettes in various programs. I haven't used Elements for some years but it used to come with parts of the raw functionality disabled.

If you ignore the different interface, it's all the same.

Joe

xelasnave
28-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Thank you Nik and thank you Joe.

I have had little time to "playaround" but so far I like it.

Ten years ago processing was exclusively photo shop for me.

I cant work out how layers work in gimp but my daughter showed how to use Photo Shop elements layers.

I usually end up with a number of shots I like of the one object so I layer them and adjust and that seemed to work well a decade ago.

I purchased Star Tools and will get PI but Photo Shop elements will be very handy for me.

Thanks again to all for the input I really do appreciate the feed back.
Alex