PDA

View Full Version here: : Hopefully a better one.

xelasnave
25-04-2018, 04:52 PM
I missed this one and although I posted something similar I stacked this one today and think it is better than the earlier one.
Where is it anyways I lost my notes and I really cant tell what it was..is:D

alex

xelasnave
25-04-2018, 04:53 PM
What is that nebula to the left?
alex

bojan
25-04-2018, 05:02 PM
That is Antares and rho oph.. looks like..
You can use plate solving to mitigate the loss of notes.

Link here: http://astrometry.net/

xelasnave
25-04-2018, 05:08 PM
Thanks Bojan
I greatly appreciate your information.
I proceed on the basis that if I can see it thru the binnos I photograph it generally and I was after the globular the other stuff came as a surprise.
I took notes of exposure times and general location, number of frames iso etc but lost them, like my keys sort of but I dont lose my keys these days because I hang them around my neck which I can find easily.
Alex

RickS
25-04-2018, 05:27 PM
Nice one, Alex. Rho Ophiuchus is always a crowd pleaser!

xelasnave
25-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Thank you Rick very nice of you to say so...I greatly appreciate your encouragement.
Alex

kosborn
25-04-2018, 07:31 PM
I'm really impressed with your images Alex. I feel like a bit of a fraud just using a goto mount and plate solving. It seems like cheating somehow.

Kevin

xelasnave
25-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Thank you Kevin for your kind words.
Please do not think of your approach as some sort of cheating because that is just not so.
I was a star gazer as oppossed to an astronomer and living in the bush and a dark place I got to know the sky rather well not by names but like a landscape so it is that backdrop that has me wandering around now with binos and photographing interesting patches of light or dark to see what detail I can find.
And the fact is if I am to do much imaging in Sydney I will have to use goto and plate solving because down there I dont know my way around it is just so different.
Thank you again for your kind words.
Alex

PKay
26-04-2018, 12:27 AM
A piece of art Alex

Now that is one to print out and hang on the wall!

Good Job :thumbsup:

raymo
26-04-2018, 01:14 AM
Lovely, Alex. Funnily enough I have just bought a hideously expensive
Yuongnuo 50mm lens,[AU$74 delivered], and had decided on the same target to test it out on.
raymo