PDA

View Full Version here: : Eight Burst

Zubenel
20-04-2018, 04:06 PM
Hi all ,
We had a couple of clear nights early in the week so from the outskirts of Brissy , I set up and started shooting. Monday nights shots ( about 2000 of them) were wasted . I had a go at Thor's Helmet but I didn't realise a couple of things. 1~Setting up on Grass greatly reduces the tracking accuracy and 2~ 2 second shots didn't give enough stars to be able to stack with so taking those learnings.... Tuesday night I setup on the back concrete pad which aids tracking and shot closer to the Zenith so I could push each of the hand picked 118 Lights to 5 seconds with 6 darks. Some post editing with Gimp ,50% crop,Curves ,Contrast and saturation I have come up with this . It's not as dark as I'd like but if I pushed it much more I lost the outer Halo of the nebula.

Dennis
20-04-2018, 04:13 PM
Excellent image Wes :thumbsup: - I hadn't realised that you had crossed over to the dark side of imaging!;)

Cheers

Dennis

Zubenel
20-04-2018, 05:59 PM
Just exploring what I have been blessed with Dennis. Primarily a BIG light bucket that isn't supposed to do " the dark side". :shrug::eyepop: I do get to do both :question: The viewing public have the say on the result !!! :thanx:

Dennis
20-04-2018, 08:07 PM
Good stuff Wes!:)

Cheers

Dennis

kosborn
20-04-2018, 08:31 PM
Looks pretty good to me!

Kevin