PDA

View Full Version here: : Clear Outside not loading

PeterM
19-04-2018, 10:42 AM
Clear Outside won't load from Galaxy/Iphone or PC. Tried log onto their site won't load?
Anyone else able log on or heard anything?

OldOz
19-04-2018, 04:52 PM
Peter -
Loading fine on PC here. Cheers

gaseous
19-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Loading fine on my crappy 5S. Having said that, the reliability of Clear Outside lately has been such that you're not missing much by not having it.

OldOz
19-04-2018, 06:26 PM
Or maybe try -
https://www.yr.no/place/Australia/Queensland/Brisbane/hour_by_hour_detailed.html

- fairly good imo, but very far from infallible either (!)

PeterM
19-04-2018, 08:33 PM
Thanks all. I have it back again.
Thanks John will look at that site.

OzEclipse
19-04-2018, 10:22 PM
So if clear outside won't load, you mean it's cloudy outside?? :D

LewisM
19-04-2018, 11:45 PM
I dunno, I tend to just go outside and look...

Weather predicting is all voodoo - too many years in aviation taught us 20/20 eyeball over the guesswork the met bureau ever gave us. When it comes to your life, I certainly would never trust a prediction! :)

cfn
20-04-2018, 08:10 AM
You should give a go at the ACCESS model on CFN (http://www.cloudfreenight.com/map.view).

LewisM
20-04-2018, 02:32 PM
I agree about YR - certainly been more reliable in their guesswork than all the others.

The main issue seems to be the modelling that the Met Bureau uses. All the forecasts last night told me my locale was clouded over. (supposedly 4/8ths at least)..I felt so uncomfortable then walking outside and seeing 8/8 stars :lol:...and it stayed that way until I packed up due to dew at 1am.

OzEclipse
21-04-2018, 12:20 AM
Lewis,

Around the ACT

Monaro E & SE of the ACT - Access seems to predict well
Over Canberra City - Look at GFS and ACCESS. My impression is that sky seems to be in between the two and closer to GFS than ACCESS.
Out Yass way - yr.no seems to be the best.
A friend at Goulburn says that Clear Outside works well.

Some models are better at ground coupled convective weather, others are better at mid-high level systemic weather. Fidn what model seems to match your sky the most and use that.

Joe