PDA

View Full Version here: : Mars, Saturn, Milky Way

kosborn
13-04-2018, 03:01 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my Milky Way attempt with Saturn and Mars rising in the foreground. It was taken with a Canon EOS 760D and Tamron 24-70mm lens. It's a mosaic of multiple 10s exposures at f/2.8 and 6400 ISO. I took 3 exposures in each position and was planning to stack them before merging them but too many frames were spoiled by cloud so this is just single frames in each position hence a bit noisy. Unfortunately there is also cloud on the horizon spoiling the lower part of the Milky Way.

Cheers, Kevin

AstroBogan
13-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Very nice!

geolindon
13-04-2018, 04:16 PM
Thanks for posting Kosborn,
i enjoyed your image and at first felt the atmosphere of the foreground planet added to the effect. Then i remembered night before last, enjoying the Scorpion draped across the horizon hunting the rising planets.
Either way a cool image :thumbsup:
Regards, L

kosborn
13-04-2018, 07:46 PM
Thanks Jacob and Lindon,

A pity you didn't catch Scorpius vs the planets Lindon. I would have liked to have seen that.

Kevin

xelasnave
13-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Very well captured and the inclusion of terrestial features, particularly the clouds, give the image a certain realism.
You can be very proud of your effort.
Alex

kosborn
13-04-2018, 09:59 PM
Thanks Alex,

I've found a great dark site about 40 minutes drive from home in a wide valley at the site of an old space tracking station. I've taken the telescope there once before but on the spur of the moment drove out there last night with my camera hoping to get a good view of the Milky Way core. I'll certainly be going back again!

Kevin