PDA

View Full Version here: : Gabriel Mistral Nebula in Ha

that_guy
09-04-2018, 12:48 AM
Data collected over two days at two different locations. I'm not TOO unhappy with it but I can definitely improve. First time processing in Pixinsight too with the trial key. Boy is that another bag of worms. The image was a combination of two different exposures due to bad guiding during day 2. I just wish the clouds would stay away!!!

8x 10 min subs
4x 5 min subs

QHY9M
ED127
EQ6

RickS
09-04-2018, 07:35 AM
Doesn't look too bad, Tony.

PKay
09-04-2018, 07:41 AM
Nice one Tony, looks very interesting.

We have the clouds in common.
Last night as the sun set it was clear as. Started my polar align and then the stars started vanishing one by one...

PI: Do the tutorials!

xelasnave
09-04-2018, 08:57 AM
Nice work Tony.
Thanks for posting it is wonderful to observe how you have progressed.
I find your journey inspirational.
Alex

ChrisV
09-04-2018, 09:22 AM
Looking good Tony. As Peter says - do the PI tutorials (eg light vortex, Harry's astroshed), I even bought Inside PI which I found invaluable.

An amalgamation of these have become preset projects I use for everything from creating masters to calibrating/stacking lights to processing.

that_guy
09-04-2018, 01:56 PM
Thanks guys, yeah, plenty of youtube tutorials for pixinsight which is handy. Gonna watch a few now while having lunch :thumbsup:

You're making me blush alex :thanx:

I've been using the new DSS 64 bit or calibrating and stacking. I haven't gotten to using pixinsight for that yet, is it better/faster than DSS or are they more or less similar?

Thanks guys,
Tony

that_guy
10-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Had a go at HaRGB combine using photoshop (havent figured out pixinsight yet). It looks alright but too much fov was removed due to the angle variance.

Astrobin link (https://www.astrobin.com/full/341104/0/?nc=all)