PDA

View Full Version here: : UWA eyepiece

Ric
16-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Hi all, just ordered my late Christmas present, a 5000 series Meade UWA 18mm eyepiece. :)
From the research I have done it will be a great blend of magnification and FOV that I am looking for.
I will post my first impressions when I test it out this weekend

Cheers

wavelandscott
17-01-2007, 01:01 AM
Congrats on your new ocular!

I hope you get lots of enjoyment from it...

ving
17-01-2007, 03:55 PM
congrats! :D

hey, why dont you do a writeup for the site on it? :)

Ric
17-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi all, my EP arrived safely today closely followed by thick black clouds, thunder and lightning. My apologies to all in the Canberra region :whistle: .

Ving, I'll have a go at writing a review for the group. I haven't done one before and I'll only be comparing it with my other EP a standard Meade 26mm series 5000, I'm expecting quite a difference. My next chance will probably be Friday now.

Cheers :)

Ric
21-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Finally got to give it a test run last night and I am very happy with the results. I went to M42 and the 82 apparent FOV along with a 169x mag through the 12" produced a very spectacular result.
The result was very clear viewing right to the edges while showing a lot more fine detail. the seeing was not that good as it was very hot and humid but it will definitely produce better results in the cooler months to come.
I also managed to see Saturn over the house roof which was spectacular in the wide field but once again the heat of the roof put paid to any finer detail for the moment.

Overall, it was a short and very rewarding test and i'm looking forward to Winter with this EP.

Cheers