PDA

View Full Version here: : Schleiren Imaging

Lognic04
22-03-2018, 10:20 PM
Hi all, :hi:
Not exactly sure where to put this, but here is a video i made about Schleiren imaging last year :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xltPnsGu1I&feature=youtu.be

Schleiren imaging is really interesting! :D

:thumbsup:

Atmos
22-03-2018, 11:04 PM
That’s fascinating Logan, not something I’ve ever thought of doing!

I’ve got another easy thing for you to try! ;) Calculating the wavelength of light. All you need is a laser (a collimating laser is what I used), a ruler and what I found best was a micrometer.

I’ll let you look it up but you can look at the proof that a photon is both a particle and a wave.

Lognic04
23-03-2018, 07:42 AM
Thanks! :)
That sounds really interesting! I might have to give it a try! :thumbsup:

xelasnave
23-03-2018, 02:16 PM
Great stuff Logan. I really enjoy your vids so keep up the excellent effort.
When you become even more famous I will be happy to point out to friends that I remember when you were just starting out.
I think you are well poised to take over from Brian Cox as a presenter... I have seen the future and it looks great for you.:D
alex

Lognic04
23-03-2018, 07:24 PM
:lol: Thanks Alex :)
:thanx:

Peter Ward
23-03-2018, 07:48 PM
I discovered a Schleiren imaging technique by chance...well... some 45 years ago...when eyepeice projecting an image of the sun with a Royal 2.5" refractor (heady stuff, I know :) )

After removing the projection screen, the image randomly projected onto a white painted wall (in shadow) , some 3-4 metres away. Moving closer to the wall I noticed apart from my shadow, thermal shadows coming off my hand.

The rather bright, and very point light-like, light from the eyepiece was the key!

Simple, fun and it works :thumbsup:

Lognic04
23-03-2018, 08:31 PM
Wow cool! :eyepop: